Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to some FAQ's.
What should I wear?
- We are just glad you are with us. Come as you are. You will find folks dressed all different ways. Whatever is comfortable and tasteful for the season.
So, what goes on in the worship service?
- As you enter, our greeters will offer you a Worship Program that should help you with the service, as well as, provide you with announcements and other information you may want or need. Also, words to hymns, prayers and creeds are projected on the walls in case you prefer not to use a hymnal. Our service contains beloved hymns and popular Christian music, times of prayer and testimony, a children's message, and the preaching of God's Word. Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sundays of the month.
What about child care?
- Children are very important to us here at Vermont UMC. During Worship we offer Nursery, for those age birth to two, and Children's Church for those ages 3-6. Both are staffed with qualified volunteers, and we adhere to Safe Santuary Policies, meaning we go that extra mile to insure your child's safety and well being.
Where should I park?
- There are parking lots on both sides of the church, and handicap parking in the center "horseshoe," where the church sign is located.
Where are the Church offices?
- The offices are just off the back of the sanctuary between the two wings of the building. During the week, come to the doors off Bloomingdale Road where the church sign is, and ring the bell.
Where do I go for Sunday School?
- Adult Sunday School Classes are on the upper level of the building on the cemetery side. Children, elementary age and younger use the rooms off of the Fellowship Hall, and the Youth are currently located at the top of the steps to the right of the kitchen.
Where are the restrooms?
- Restrooms are located near the outside entrance to the Fellowship Hall, just below Main Santuary entrance and at the upper entrance to the building near the cemetery. There are water fountains there too.